środa, 9 września 2009

One model = three assets - the animated umbrella

This is an example how one can make a lot more (hopefully) from just one asset.
I modeled a simple umbrella some time ago for use in my rendered illustrations. That's just one of the images I did:



After a couple of months I came back to this model to add some details and came to the conclusion that I could also sell it as a 3D asset on Turbosquid. I needed to add some details obviously and rig the whole mesh for animation. I ended up with a detailed mesh and a cloth simulation for the opening sequence.

The result of this little extra work were three new assets:

1) New rendered illustration:



2) Animated clip for stock footage (uploaded to Pond5)



3) 3D model for sale @Turbosquid



Theoretically I could take this idea of reusing a single piece of work even further and write a tutorial about creating this animation. This is quite an interesting project with various skills needed (modeling, texturing, rig set-up, cloth sim etc. ) so I'm sure some people might have been interested, but for now I will just use this model for more stock footage and 3D illustrations.
You can also find that clip on Youtube here

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz